For a long time, the blog has become a marketing tool adopted by companies in BtoC, as in BtoB. Complementing the presence on the social networks, which serve for the circumstance of bearing voice to the diffused articles, the blog allows to reinforce its image, while generating a qualified audience.
Our web agency decrypts for you this lever of communication, useful to your natural referencing, and which can prove to be formidably effective to generate quality traffic.
What is a blog?
A blog is a web interface consisting of a stack of chronicles, mood tickets or fund articles . Articles are generally organized into categories (major subjects). The articles are displayed in an ante-chronological order (last issue first). They are often dated (to identify the date of posting) and are furnished in certain circumstances of comments and notations. One can find a blog on almost any topic: scientific, economic, daily life, decoration … Beyond its editorial consistency, the blog increases your visibility on chosen and mastered themes.
A blog for “occupying a field of expertise”
In the context BtoB, the blog allows to openly express its expertise.
Beginning with the commercial relationship, it aims to demonstrate a highly controlled know-how by regularly producing content with high added value. It can be targeted at prospects, customers or institutional investors. The blog is similar in this case to an expert speaking, initially devoid of commercial objectives and in the idea of offering “free” content useful and qualitative. A blog is therefore used to occupy its field of expertise. It demonstrates a knowledge, a state of mind and a commitment shared freely. It can have a very professional tone (wise advice) or a lighter tone depending on the objective (in the case of the employer mark, for example).
A blog for your natural referencing
An institutional site is often limited to pages created at launch and rarely supplemented by the rest (except for the news). These institutional pages – mostly static – do not allow the content tree to grow indefinitely. They very often serve to reassure the prospect about the company’s capabilities and consistency but do not really shed light on the real know-how of the company. The blog is an open editorial playground.You can create as many categories and articles as you like. The more your site is regularly fed with quality content, the more likely it is to be referenced on a larger volume of keywords. And as Google appreciates fresh and unique content, you open the possibilities in
natural referencing .
A blog embedded in the site or on an independent platform?
Paid or free, easy to use or more advanced, there are many platforms for creating and animating blogs. We suggest that you install the blog on your website. This is the best way to promote SEO of your site and make your visitors captive (they arrive directly on your site). WordPress is the most appropriate CMS for creating a blog.
Resources to animate a blog
Setting up a blog involves publishing relevant content (commercially) and on a regular basis. For that it is necessary :
– An editorial strategy ;
– A tone, an angle, an organization of the headings, a timetable of publication (subjects relevant and useful to your commercial development) determined upstream and maintained in time. A blog with only three articles (the first writings with motivation) will have a counterproductive effect. It is better not to consider it if you do not have the right resources.
– Perpetual and renewed sources of inspiration . It is possible to find them both internally and externally:
- With specialists of the company. Salesmen, engineers, technicians are knowledgeable and have a raw material useful for writing.
- By doing the curation. Technology watch is a source of potential subjects. Follow influential accounts on Twitter, read the trade press, find out about legislative developments …
- Learn, dissect, re-exploit. It is by nourishing you that the subjects will flourish!
– A copywriter / facilitator who is involved in the writing of the web. The challenge: to produce quality content for a website. Only a specialist in digital writing can achieve this. He must possess:
- Editorial skills and a mastery of natural referencing concepts. Writing well for the web involves knowing good practices. The content serves the user and the positioning on the search engines. ;
- A journalistic approach (interviews, analysis, information retrieval …);
- Analytical capacity (statistics) to identify topics that really work;
- A moderation know-how if articles are open to comments and relayed on social networks.
Communicating around the blog and generating a virtuous circle
This is to capitalize on the writing work done. Articles become traffic vectors. This requires information about their existence. Social networks are used to promote qualified visitors (principle of virality). The creation of a blog is therefore generally accompanied by a good strategy on social networks to increase the audience of the blog.
Imagescreations advises you on creating your blog
Our digital agency has significant experience in the realization of blogs.
We create aesthetic blogs, unique and therefore differentiating and effective in terms of SEO (technical optimization). In case of need, the agency uses the services of specialized or generalist experienced editors, who can produce content regularly.