It is very difficult to get fervent readers on his blog. Indeed, there are already millions of blogs on the web . So why would a surfer go on your own rather than another among the available mass?
Until August 2011, WordPress 3.0 has been downloaded 65 million times . You can see how difficult it is to make your blog visible on the first page of Google and other search engines with the keywords you have determined.
In order to get qualified traffic , there are some tips that you can apply. If you use them you will be able to compete with the best in your niche domain.
Here is a list of 5 tips that will help you be visible on the search engines across your blog.
1.Optimize your URL
- In order to get a head start on your competitors , there are always a few more tricks you can do.
- Indeed, by default, the URL created by WordPress will look like: http://www.bloggingpro.com/?p=140 type . Now this URL is not optimized SEO . This is not really a bad URL address structure but it does not play in your favor at the SEO level of your blog.
- In order to have an optimized SEO URL you need to go into “SEO” then “permalink” in your blog . The permalink of your page should contain keywords that you will have previously defined.
2.Optimize your titles and meta description tags
- Indeed, the next thing you need to do is take care to properly write and optimize your titles and tags in order to place keywords there.
- Every page or article in your blog must be optimized in this way.
- Each title and meta description must be unique.
- In addition, since you are on WordPress, you can use the “All in One SEO Pack” which will allow you to maximize your tags and titles.
3.Optimize the content of your articles
Google Adwords Agency
Develop your visibility strategy with Google Adwords
Entrust your AdWords campaign to our experts
- Now you are supposed to have titles, URLs and meta keywords tags and meta descriptions optimized.
- In addition to that, it is important that your articles contain keywords that you will have chosen before. These must appear in the first paragraph.
- In addition, these keywords should appear a minimum in the image names you add to your article.
- These keywords should also appear in the “alternate text” , that is, if the image, for whatever reason, does not appear.
- In addition, it is important that you use the titles, subtitles and the entire hierarchy available to structure your articles.
- Also use the bold and italic lists and formatting .
4.Create XML Sitemaps and submit them to the search engines.
- What can sitemaps do? Quite simply, they allow faster indexing of the contents of blogs or websites.
- Sitemaps are rather for sites or blogs that have news content or want to inform the search engines about a change that occurred within their blog or website.
- If you have a website or a popular blog , you will have no problem indexing it in the search engines because Google will get used to visiting your site regularly.
- The Google bots will automatically index the pages visited that are not available in databases.
- But in the case of new blogs, Google does not visit them as often. Hence the importance of Sitemaps. It is up to us to ask Google to visit and “read” our content.
- If you use Worpress , there is a very simple solution to submit your sitemap . You can use the Google XML Sitemaps plugin to have your sitemap generated and uploaded to your blog automatically.
5.Optimize the loading time of your pages
- Google recently took into account in its algorithm the time of loading of the pages.
- On WordPress, some pluggins exist to make it easier for you.
- For example, one of them allows you to uninstall pluggins that take too long to load.
- In addition to all these SEO Onpage criteria , you need to make sure to create quality links for your blog.
- For example, comments can be used to generate links quickly and easily.
- In addition, you must make sure you create a presence on social media . You need to share your blog posts on social networks .
Thus, one can realize that the SEO corresponds to a whole strategy. It is a matter of taking into account different criteria and using them intelligently.